Laurie A. Lacoste
Ms. Lacoste was born in Massachusetts and in early childhood moved to New Hampshire where she has lived since. She graduated from Notre Dame College with a BA in Paralegal Studies in 1996 and earned her law degree in 2003. She was admitted to the New Hampshire and Massachusetts Bars and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire in 2004, to the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts in 2009 and in 2010 was admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
For the last 20 years Laurie has worked for law firms in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Since her admission to the New Hampshire and Massachusetts Bars in 2004, Ms. Lacoste has represented clients in civil litigation, personal injury, medical malpractice, workers' compensation, family law, employment law and probate litigation while working at a prominent New Hampshire Seacoast law firm as well as her own practice located in Portsmouth.
Prior to joining our firm, Laurie served as Assistant County Attorney at the Carroll County Attorney's office where she prosecuted many felony and misdemeanor appeal cases before a jury, including DWI appeals.
Laurie's colleagues describe her as "an excellent attorney committed to doing first rate legal work" and as someone who "has a passion for the law and the legal process second to none."
In her spare time, Laurie enjoys hiking in the White Mountains, ocean kayaking, biking, skiing, and music.
Ms. Lacoste is a member of the American Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, New Hampshire Bar Association, New Hampshire Association for Justice and Strafford County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce and Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Social Security
- Worker's Compensation
- Estate Planning, Wills & Trusts
- Elder Law & Probate
- Labor & Employment Law
- Civil Litigation
- New Hampshire, 2004
- Massachusetts, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2010
- Massachusetts School of Law, Andover, Massachusetts
- J.D. cum laude - 2003
- Notre Dame College, Manchester, New Hampshire
- B.A. cum laude - 1996
- Major: Paralegal Studies
- Hesser College, Manchester, New Hampshire
- Major: Paralegal Studies
- Robert A. Shaines, Esquire, 603-436-3110
- Briana Coakley-Hoyt, Esquire, 603-319-1731
- Steven Hyde, Esquire, 603-319-1731
- Gregory Robbins, Esquire, 603-332-3535
- Robert Wolfe, Esquire, 603-344-4411
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
- Rockingham County Bar Association, Member
- Strafford County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Laurie Lacoste, Attorney, 2009 - 2012
- Shaines & McEachern, PA, Attorney, 2004 - 2009
- Various Law Firms, Paralegal, 1992 - 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Dove Project, 2005 - 2006
- New Hampshire Pro Bono Referral Program, 2004 - Present
- New Hampshire Low Income Taxpayer Project, 2005 - Present